Thursday, November 4, 2010

Role play

      I was picked to be an "over-achiever" which is the opposite of what I am normally like. When being the over-achiever, I felt like i was more friendly and was treated a little bit better. For example, when the teacher gave Derick a piece of candy, I asked for a piece and she gave me one. If the "bullied kid" or "loser" would have asked, I don't think they would have gotten a piece.
      When I first got the role over-achiever, for me i thought i would never be able to do it. But, when I learned how to act, I started doing homework for the first time in a while. Like the Stanford prison study, I started taking on the role for real instead of pretending.
      In the prison study, the reaction of the inmates surprised me the most because of how much they obeyed the guards. I thought typical college graduates would think of it more like a joke. I didn't realize how much they would be torn down by the torture they went through. At first, the inmates would laugh and joke about the situation. But by the third day of the experiment, they were fully into their roles as prisoners.

No comments:

Post a Comment